The Maltese Aircraft Registration Act provides for the registration of aircraft which are destined for commercial activity, and also those aircraft which are destined to be used for private purposes.
The process to register an aircraft in Malta is very efficient one and is all done electronically and in real time.
Who is Eligible to Register an Aircraft?
Qualifying registrants may register aircraft in Malta in any one of the following capacities:
- An owner operating an aircraft.
- An owner of an aircraft under construction or temporarily not being operated or managed.
- An operator of an aircraft under a temporary title.
- A buyer of an aircraft under a conditional sale or title reservation agreement authorised to operate the aircraft.
- A trustee for the benefit of beneficiaries.
When registering an aircraft, the registrant may register several securities in favor of any person (legal or natural) with an interest, such as:
- A mortgage.
- A priority notice.
- A De-registration power of attorney.
- An irrevocable de-registration and export request authorization.
- Registration of interests in the international registry.